Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sheet's , Perez, and Pettitte under Mets radar ?


The Mets right now have a couple of options, they can either welcome back Oliver Perez who went 10-7 with a 4.22 ERA, Ben Sheets a fellow national league pitcher,who went 13-9 with a 3.09 ERA, or their 3rd option in a pitcher who played across the city with the Yankees, In Andy Pettitte, Pettitte who went 14-14 with a 4.54 ERA. The Mets will most likely land one of these pitchers. In my Opinion I believe the Mets will give Sheet's a chance, taking into consideration that he played in the National League his whole career, and he knows it pretty well. The Mets off season is far from being over, and one of these pitchers can help the Mets regain stature in the NL EAST.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely agree to go for Sheets. Ollie is just way to unreliable and Pettite is 6 years older than Sheets. I would have liked to see them get Lowe, but i feel like unfortunately since they didn't, they will end up keeping Ollie.
    Nice blog, keep up the good work.
    -Brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    My name is Jason and I am the founder of SportsSoundOff.net. We are a new blog, but re-established. It had to be shut down because of technical issues. I was wondering if we could exchange links.

    Let me know if this is possible.

    Thanks.

    Sincerely,
    Jason

    ReplyDelete